March 05, 2005

earthmovers

PA190116

used to take this shortcut across e KTM railway tracks from Tanglin Halt to Biopolis to get to work in e morning. walking along railways tracks reminds me of a trip to Nakhon Pathom & Kanchanaburi with Mee, Noi & their mother when I was in upper primary, where before we could pull in at Sai Yok station, e train driver had to shoo away a cow that decided to sit down in e middle of e tracks =P from there we visited e Erawan falls before rafting downriver to stay in some hut on e western bank of e Kwai river. also walked along e railway tracks clinging to e side of e cliffs above e river to visit some cave =)

what used to be on e Biopolis side of e railway....

PA190123 PA190118

now gone forever....

P3040252 P3040253

suddenly I seem to be surrounded by earthmovers, both at work & at home =|

view from e back of my house on 270205:

P2270241 P2270243 P2270239

what I saw when I woke up & looked out of my room window this morning:

P3050271 P3050272

since work goes on from morning to evening even on Sundays, no more peace & quiet + sleeping late + listening to music during e daytime + clean windows + opening windows (unless I want all e dust) + opening curtains (unless I want all e workers to stare in) until April 2006 or earlier. dread e start of piling works - they're going to build a 5-storey condo with a basement carpark & swimming pool. hope that my house remains structurally sound....

[ filed under: 9_lives_2005 ]

No comments: