February 28, 2005

chang chang chang....nong kheuy hen chang reu plaaw?

[??0685] somewhere in Thailand:

thai85_3

[??1286] Parkway Parade:

xmas86parkway

big fat reunion in Bangkok >20 years after they first came over from Thailand to live with us in Singapore =)

[121104] Si Phaya, Bangkok:

20

21

[131104] Surawongse, Bangkok:

22

Noi, Mee & Phusit asked us if e elephant was still around. sis & I were so stunned that they could still remember it....

P2160224

parents brought this teak elephant carving back from Thailand around 1977 (I think). e 6 of us kids treated it as our giant toy, climbing all over it, trying to lift it, riding it etc until both tusks fell out several times & had to be superglued back repeatedly. sis was so shocked when they asked if she still remembered how she once proclaimed it her 'birthday cake' & tried to slice it, incurring my dad's wrath. I couldn't recall such an incident - only remember us getting into absolute deep shit after Phusit once toppled it over, crushing a blue '2-by-3 unit' rectangular Lego block....

first thing we did when we got home from Changi airport was to inspect e elephant, now standing guard at e front door. & true enough, like what they'd recounted, e 'scars' were there on e left ear....

PB150332

~1.5 months later e tsunami hit Noi's workplace in Krabi on e day I flew back from Chieng Rai. took about 2-3 weeks before we finally got news that he was safe. so glad that we'd met up despite all my mum's ai mai ai mai-ing & bird flu fears.

[ filed under: thewanderingstraycat + bangkok_2004 + thai1 ]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi huaying

it's mae.. sorree.. i din open my mail til now. and no, i'm not using that mail anymore. reach me on msn at blue_gem24@yahoo.com ;)

yes u still look the same.. as for me.. there is no longer a may n ivan.. wat's new rite? ;) still in NTU.. gonna fin my PhD soon (if i can find enough strength to somehow hang on and fin my expt despite problematic equipment and still produce a credible thesis).. dunno how i'll manage but i guess i hv to. ;)