July 01, 2005

cat+fish

[300605] this morning, there was a big fat black thing with a little bit of white next to e new fishbowl....with two unmistakable pointy ears:

P6300294

e sun was already up, but like any self-respecting cat, it was sleeping in =)

it heard us & got up & headed towards e car....& then stiffened, with fur standing on end - took a peep under e car & true enough, there was another cat there.

theory 1: black & white was curled up next to e fishbowl to prevent other cats from having a go at its breakfast

theory 2: black & white had had no luck catching any of e fish, but didn't want to let other cats have a chance at trying - 我不想让你抓得到我抓不到的

Indonesian maid said something like 'kuching sama orang Singapura' (if I didn't hear her wrongly) in response to theory 2, taking a dig at a certain neighbour ;)

leaving after chasing e other cat away:

P6300295

I come & go as I like. I can sleep over in any house that I can climb into, & I have my choice of staircases, kopitiams, terrace houses, semi-Ds & big fat bungalows. unlike e poor human vagrants I won't get picked up by MCYS officers & sent to a government home & lose my freedom if I sleep at bus shelters, void decks or public parks. humans pay through their noses to buy me cars so that I can shelter from rain, snuggle up to e warmth of e engine on cold days & choose from different brands of tyres e one I like best as a scratching post. in carparks, thoughtful humans keep replacing e cars with cold engines with freshly heated up ones so that I may keep warm. I pay no ERP or road tax to travel around using e extensive network of longkangs that PUB & PWD have built & maintain for me. my dream is to live at Costa Sands or Downtown East where I can enjoy e unlimited supply of BBQ-ed food that humans spend hours cooking for me & e free-flow of drinks from e swimming pool *bliss*

************

when e sky didn't seem big enough to squeeze in all e big fat clouds:

P6300296

[ filed under: cats1 + thewonderingstraycat + nature1 ]

No comments: